the controls are really difficult on Playstation controller :(
Sunset Shockwave 17
Sunset Shockwave 17
(Version 1.1B0 - 12 April 2017)
The rise of the 80s was marked with the release of the Shockwave Headgear - an affordable helmet which allows users to convert brain waves into kinetic forces and even be able to perform telekinesis! Besides all the useful functions, the true potential of headgear comes from it's amazing performance on leisure and sports.
Join superstar beach models - 'Super Speedo' and 'Bikini Boss' - on a match of the popular sport Shockwave Volleyball - where you control the ball with the power of your mind!
- Grab a friend and play a local match of Shockwave Volleyball! Use your Shockwave Headgear to create kinetic waves that allow you to catch any ball in mid-air! Once the ball hits the ground of the opponent, it's a point score for you!
- Match ends when one either of the players reaches 8 points. There's no match points or advantage points, so make sure you never leave your guard down.
- Avoid overheating your headgear! After charging shockwaves, your headgear will temporary overheat, requiring a small cooldown to cool after each use.
- The faster you unleash your brain power, the harder and faster you launch the ball! Be as fast as you can to get a forceful advantage!
For keyboard controls, each player shares a side of the keyboard. One player uses the WASD keys while the other uses Arrow Keys.
- Super Speedo:
- Move with A or D.
- Jump with W.
- Press and Hold S to use and charge the Shockwave Headgear. Release it to launch the Shockwave.
- While doing a Shockwave, use A and D to rotate the aim of the direction of the Shockwave.
- Bikini Boss:
- Move with Left or Right Arrows.
- Jump with the Up Arrow.
- Press and Hold the Down Key to use and charge the Shockwave Headgear. Release it to launch the Shockwave.
- While doing a Shockwave, use the Left and Right Arrows to rotate the aim of the direction of the Shockwave.
Most controller brands are supported by the game, however, we recommend using either Xbox or Dualshock Controllers for the best experience. We also suggest having two controllers, one for each player!
- Move with the Left Stick or using the D-Pad.
- Jump by pushing the Left Stick Up, Pressing the D-Pad Up or Pressing A.
- Press and Hold either the Right, Left Trigger or X to use and charge the Shockwave Headgear. Release it to release the Shockwave.
- While doing a Shockwave, use the Right Stick to aim the direction of the Shockwave.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||Apr 12, 2017|
|Authors||Sunset Shockwave, José Castanheira, JorgeGameDev (Polite Whale)|
|Tags||Arcade, Controller, Global Game Jam, Local multiplayer, Pixel Art|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Twitter, Twitter, Twitter|
While it might be tempting to jump straight into a match of Shockwave Volleyball right here on itch.io, the game might present some performance and physics issues while playing in the browser.
We recommend downloading the desktop version for the best experience and performance, as well as for playing the game on higher resolutions.